Thursday, June 7, 2012

Two is for Twins

The teacher that I am, I've made little "bulletin boards" in the boys playroom. We have shapes, colors, and numbers on the walls, and both boys love to spend time pointing at each item and saying its name. For some reason, they are fascinated by numbers, especially the number 5. When we walk through the neighborhood, they actively search out mailboxes with the number 5 and often insist that other numbers are actually the number 5.

"Fie!" Ren will yell, pointing at a 9.

"No, baby, that's a nine."

"No, no, no nine. Fie!" Grayden will agree.

They know other numbers and can identify them when asked, but they just really like the number 5. Ren is so obsessed that he studies my Michigan State t-shirts, insisting that the "S" is a 5. The varsity font looks a little like a 5 so I just agree and say, "Yes, son, it is a 5!" Larry and I have started to wonder if he's figured out that he is Lawrence V. 

Anyway, I have counted to three every time I turn on their nursery light since they were born. It gives them a sort of warning to close their eyes in order to adjust to the light from a dark to bright room.So I was excited yesterday on our bike ride when I heard Ren start counting behind me in the bike trailer. "One, two, three!" he said triumphantly.

Then it was followed repeatedly  by "One, two, three, five!"

Three beach babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment